Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lunch Thoughts

I was just reading about how the Turkey Avocado burger at Ruby Tuesday's has something like 1600 calories - for just the burger. It got me thinking about lunch options, and what people have.

One of my favorite lunches recently has been greek yogurt with fruit (fresh pineapple being my favorite) and Triscuits. I admit that I'm weird, but couple that with some Crystal Lite lemonade, and it's a very light and refreshing midday meal.

I know the protein in my greek yogurt helps keep me full. Other good choices? Lean protein like chicken or tuna. Saturday night, I've talked my husband into a lunch-for-dinner style arrangement. I think a carib salad is in order, and I'm excited about it!

For today, I'll be having grilled chicken tenders that were coated with a wasabi vinaigrette, romaine lettuce and wonton strips jumbled up in a salad distraction I've been waiting for, and as a post-lunch treat I have peanuts. No salt, no nothing. Just dry roasted peanuts. Yeah, I'm excited about my lunch. Isn't that what meals are supposed to be like? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment