Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Midnight Snacks, Breakfast Solutions

Is it strange that I'm awake just after January 3rd has begun?

Is it weirder still that I'm contemplating making a pot of chili?

I have everything to make light, delicious alfredo sauce. I've even got the yellow and orange peppers, along with the sliced chicken breast, to make it a complete feast. I have fruit or even a full salad to accompany. Does it strike anyone else as bizarre that I'm just remember these things?

The reason I mention this is somewhat simple. Life gets complicated. Sometimes, throwing light kidney beans, dark kidney beans, chili beans and black beans into a pot with a can of tomato sauce, simmering for 4 hours, adding shredded sharp cheddar cheese and watching The Lake House for the millionth time makes more sense than anything more complicated.

I've pretty much talked myself into alfredo, because I want time to enjoy the development of my chili. I also just remembered that literally all of the ground beef I bought today went directly into my freezer. No use to me when it's solid and I have a midnight chili craving!

While I'm waiting for this midnight dinner special to come together, may I just mention:

2 oz Blueberries
2 oz Blackberries
2 oz Raspberries
4 oz Gyuava Peach juice
1/2 cup ice

Combine berries in blender. Pulse twice in short bursts. Add juice. Pulse once. Add ice. Pulse until constitancy appeals to you.

Delicious, nutrient-rich. Easy. Pretty to look at. Did I mention breakfast time comes quick these days? Give yourself a chance to enjoy the day. Speaking of enjoying, I'm off to eat my midnight delight. No worries; seriously, my hours are completely off. I got up at noon on Jan. 2nd. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment