Thursday, November 17, 2011

Breakfast Revisited

I made breakfast baskets for my husband 2 weeks ago. Biscuit on bottom, shredded cheese, egg, wrapped in bacon. Baked in a muffin tin. Yummy. A week ago, my husband picked out the bacon.

Oh wow.

There is a very big difference between Oscar Meyer bacon and the cheapest bacon you can buy. I'm not saying always buy the expensive stuff, but WOW is there a difference in something you don't pay a lot for, especially regarding the care and cut of meat.

Speaking of that, WHY IS HAM SO EXPENSIVE? Sorry, had to let that out.

Anyway, The Husband and I put our massive brain power together and came up with this idea.


Seamless crescent roll dough, cooked bacon  (or sausage, I'm going to try both), cooked scrambled eggs, shredded cheese.

1. Spread eggs, pork product of choice, cheese across most of the interior of the dough.
2. Re-roll.
3. Bake per directions, adding a couple minutes if interior of roll seems to need more time.
4. Slice off pinwheel style breakfast sandwiches.

No execution yet - I'll include info on what happens when I'm done trying. I'm excited to give it a shot! I really want to find a solution to a fast, delicious, healthful breakfast for my husband so he eats well and doesn't miss Mickey D's breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Jess! I love your Thanksgiving story! What a fun memory! Thank you so much for following my blog! I'm glad you enjoy the facebook page as well!!! good luck on winning!!! :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete