Friday, August 17, 2012

Julia Child and Autumn

In honor of this week of Julia Child's 100th birthday, we've done a lot of things to make merry. Culinary adventures, seeking out new places we've never eaten before. Discovered a new favorite Mexican restaurant, and a wonderful little spot I loved so much I'm headed there for my birthday lunch.

Today for lunch, a riff on a suggested salad. Roasted potatoes, seasoned with thyme and basil. 1/4 inch thick rounds of italian sausage, which I like with a bit of crunch on the outside but not burnt. Drizzle of olive oil, a little parmesan cheese.

Tonight, for dinner, the dinner I intended to have last night, but leftovers from lunch were plentiful enough for dinner as well. We're having ratatouille and goat cheese subs, with more than enough leftovers for tomorrow.

It has been nice, this week of adventure. Enjoying the weather, the time to unwind... Even the work projects have gone wonderfully! Great food, great times. Gearing up for visits and new adventures. I love Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment